Thursday, December 15, 2011

Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012






via style.com
The boys at Proenza Schouler have done it again! Their pre-fall 2012 collection came out earlier this morning; I've been waiting a good while for it. The alluvion-infused collection was inspired from Jack and Lazaro's recent trip to the Himalayas. Off the bat, I have to admit their eye for color and detail is absolutely impressive! Just by looking at the tailoring and cut of the garments, it wouldn't be hard to identify it as a Proenza Schouler creation. I must say, however, that I am a little bit disappointed in this collection. While, yes, it is exquisitely polished and the color-blocking palette and silk silhouettes of the garments are meritorious, some of the fabrics look quite cheap. I wish they would have kept the same consistency in material choices, as seen in the first six looks. Despite that quandary, I absolutely commend them for stepping out of the boundaries and experimenting with different types of substances - this is definitely very Proenza Schouler! Maybe I was just expecting a little bit more as I have become a big fan of the boys over the years; however, I can't help feeling a bit underwhelmed..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment