Thursday, December 8, 2011

“It’s much more inspiring not to go to places than to go..”








Chanel Pre-Fall 2012 RTW

Bling, jewel headpieces, satin gloves, gold sandals, bling, turbans, dreadlocks, and more bling - oh, did I mention bling? Well, that's exactly the focal point of this collection - the richness, polish and lustrous quality in habiliments. The Bombay-meets-India inspired luxe collection features hand-sewn embellishments and beautifully rich assortments of metallics, akrin, and gold. Female models dwindled in dreadlocks and jewel headpieces and their counterparts sported potent and robust turbans. And why wasn't I invited, again?


Although I may not be a grievous fan of Chanel, I have to admit this collection is absolutely splendide et magnifique! The best part of the collection, however, is not the jazzy clothing, but the essence that something as spurn as the Indian culture, which has not been very relevant in the fashion industry, is finally being focused on, and that the focus is not potent on India's past, but instead on its future. Karl Lagerfeld created this collection in response to his inspiration of India, or rather, what he imagined it to look like, as he has never been there (nor have I!). He believes it is, “..much more inspiring not to go to places than to go..” - and I completely agree. If this is what Karl imagines India to be, then hell (excuse my French), I'd love to be there! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment